One common thread throughout our history has been the remarkable level of innovation and re-invention that continually arises through the FPI owner-management partnership. With seven unique laboratories driving results in their marketplaces and continuously wondering how they can run their businesses better and more efficiently, FPI has become a hub of innovation. From being the first to eliminate dependence on a central loan accounting system for all reporting needs to being the first to develop and implement a relationship lending and services model.
FPI has posted a series of “firsts” for the Farm Credit System.
- Multiple wholesale bank capabilities (CoBank, U.S. AgBank and AgriBank)
- Full integration of core customer facing systems
- Broadly configurable business rules and security classifications by associations
- “Push Technology” driving vital information to users on a configurable subscription basis
- Fully integrated electronic customer file and scanning capabilities
- Self-sufficiency for associations in the creation of integrated legal documents
- Self-sufficiency for associations in the analysis and reporting arena
- Availability of internet based applets giving association employees the ability to use shortcuts for certain application functionality
- Enhanced internet and intranet capabilities, including capabilities made available directly to the farmer borrower, such as the farmer’s mySite page
- Complete virtual classroom training capabilities and training libraries
- A YouTube-style training database allowing the dissemination of best practices and timely training to staff throughout the FPI family
- Growing capabilities in consultative technology partnering along with seasoned business process engineering